Frequently Asked Questions
|Language:||English • 日本語|
Please try to follow the simple formatting. You can replace the examples below with your Q&A. Also when necessary reference the PZ version being discussed.
How do I run the Game?
- Unzip the game file. Open the unzipped file and double click on the .bat file of your choosing based on the type of computer you have and what it can handle. The proper .bat files are named something like this: ProjectZomboid - (Resolution) - (display). For example, ProjectZomboid - Medium - Fullscreen may be the best to start out on if you are unsure of the processing power of your computer system.
- Currently there is also an installer that can be found on the Project Zomboid Forums. The installer is self-updating.
- Download the application and extract the .app into your applications folder. Run the game and enter your key from Desura or your login information. Choose the quality level and the resolution.
The game is asking me for a Login and Password
- Depending on where you purchase the game you will receive your login and password in different ways. If you purchased the game from Google Checkout, then you will receive an e-mail from Indie Stone Games that will contain your login and password. If you purchased your game through Desura, Desura will provide you with a key.
Will this game be on Steam?
- Yes! as of September 2012, Project Zomboid
Has been greenlit !
How do I level up the Nimble skill? [Unanswered]
- This stayed in the shadows up till now. I asked around yet no answers. How do you level up the Nimble skill? Vagrant 16:09, 21 May 2012 (BST)
- I've managed to level up the nimble skill, it's either based around sneaking or moving in and out of windows. I managed to do it in while using a barricaded house where a window was my only way in or out. I was playing with a character using the overweight trait and also had to sneak for most of my play time in order to avoid the zeds. Honestly think it may be based around using windows and decreases the time it takes to get over the threshold.Needs to be tested by another player with the time to check. -AtomSmasher
What do I do when my character is on fire?
- In v0.2.0q, they added a stop, drop and roll feature by pressing 'r'. As with real life, the success rate of this working is low, and decreases the longer you leave it to activate the ability. The devs have planned to incorporate the ability into the levelling system, allowing you to gain the roll ability, which would be useful when surrounded by a hoard for a quick dodge before creating distance from the hoard again.
- I question the validity of your answer due to the fact that the Devs have had fire disabled for the past few builds, including 'q', because of a tile based glitch. I doubt that feature would have been added if they have yet to even fix the fire problem... Now in regards to previous versions before the cease-'fire' the Devs enacted, there is no remedy to setting yourself on fire (not even rain). That is 'how you died'.
Is It Possible To Escape Knox County via the north highway?
(note: I mean is there anything past the north highway besides the farmhouse) In the current versions, no, they may expand in the future, but right now there are black walls on all 4 sides once you've gone far enough.
Do you plan to do any vehicles?
- Unconfirmed, but there is a good chance vehicles will be added.
When will females be added and will being a female be an option?
- Yes, as of RC2.9, female sprites have been added. Female zombies were also added in the RC2.9 update.
What unit of weight is the in-game weight?
- This is a common question, and I'll be answering this to prevent confusion. The weight is an arbitrary unit that is neither pounds nor kilograms, although it may represent pounds a little bit better. The weight system needs massive readjusting.
- Well, taking a look at item weights compared to real life counterparts might help, a fireaxe weighs '25'. 25 kg seems rather ridiculous, so the unit could be pounds. And the weight system needs adjusting as stated, a pencil weighing 2 and cans of tuna weighing 0.4 is ridiculous.
- Just so new users know, it's been confirmed on the forums (I forget the thread exactly) that 'weight' is actually going to be closer to how cumbersome it is to carry items - the main inventory is how much you carry in your hands, for example.